I’m Just Average Teen Me. Since it’s getting colder, and we’re all probably feeling it, I thought I would give you a ‘How To’ on staying warm. Once you’ve read it, please let me know if you would like more posts like this, with me teaching you how to do something. Well, let’s start!
- DO NOT LET YOUR MUM OPEN ALL OF THE WINDOWS IN THE HOUSE! My mum does this all the time, forgets, and then wonders why the house is as cold as Antarctica… So, a bit of advice, if it’s a cold day, and the windows are open, ask someone if they are still supposed to be open…. Or the house might become an ice-cube
- LAYERS! Well, this is a really obvious one, but one of the ones that makes the most impact! I will wear up to about 3 layers recently, and who knows how many when it actually starts getting cold cold! *cue scientific Jatm* Air is actually a very good insulator, because as your body gives off heat, that heat stays inside the air between your clothes and your body. So it is better to have lots of layers so your body heat doesn’t all just go off into the air…
- FAIRY LIGHTS! This is probably a psychological one, but in my cases, it does help. I have some dark pink/orangey red ones around my bed, and they seem to make the atmosphere very cosy and warm. Now, it doesn’t have this effect if my normal light is on. So I turn that off, and flick my fairy lights on and sit in the cosiness. ❤ I’m guessing only warm coloured lights, like mine, will make you feel warm, but try out some cold colours and let me know what you think if you want!
- WARM PYJAMAS! I don’t care if it’s daytime, you are allowed to wear fuzzy pyjamas all day if you really want. I don’t because most days, we go somewhere and I can’t wear my fuzzy pyjamas then, but I wear them every night! Don’t worry I have 2 sets so I don’t just wear the same ones and never wash them. 🙂 But they are really soft and amazing and now when I wear other pyjamas it feels cold and weird and I don’t like it… Mine has a long-sleeve leopard print top, with long-leg brown fluffy jogger-type pants. I’ll try to find the link! Well, I couldn’t find the exact ones but these seemed the closest I could get to mine! They are amazing!
- BLANKETS, BLANKETS, BLANKETS! This one makes most of the difference at night. When it gets really cold overnight, and the heating isn’t on, then I usually layer up my blankets like you wouldn’t believe. So, imagine, me with my fuzzy pyjamas, wearing a pink zebra print dressing gown, and then a black and white zebra print snuggie (a blanket with sleeves), another black and white zebra print fluffy blanket (not with sleeves this time) and finally, my duvet. At that point, I can sleep without feeling like I’ll turn into a giant human ice cube… 😀
- BEDDY-BEAR! I know that sounds really childish, and I have had it since I started in reception (first year of primary school) but it is amazing. Basically, mine is a purple bear, that you can put into the microwave for 2 minutes, and it comes out very warm and snuggly. I usually put mine under my blankets before I go to bed to warm it all up! I find these are better than hot water bottles, because they’re just beads on the inside rather than water, and it’s softer and doesn’t feel like a hot water bottle.
- DISTRACT YOURSELF! Forget that it’s cold in the first place by distracting yourself with something you love! It could be reading, watching YouTube, catching up on TV shows or blogging! This is probably one of the best ways, because you can just completely forget!
- HOT DRINKS! Any hot drinks will warm you up quicker than a lot of other things do! And your hands get the warmth from the cup anyway! Personally, I like hot chocolate, but you might like tea, or coffee or something else!
That’s all for now! What do you think? Are these tips useful? And do you have any that I missed? I’d love to hear in the comments!
–Just Average Teen Me