I’m Just Average Teen Me. Today, as you have probably got from the title, I’ll be sharing my favourite recipe ever. I mentioned it in my last post, Relaxing, and I thought I would bless you all with how to make it. Trust me, if you like any cake (Who doesn’t?), you will love this as much as I do ❤
I should probably tell you that it’s a chocolate mug cake, so a cake, in a mug. Perfection.
If you want to make this (please do if you have the time!) you will need:
1/4 cup of flour (all purpose)
2tbsp Cocoa powder (I love to use the Cadbury’s hot chocolate one)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (I usually skip this one out, though, don’t want too much salt in there!)
2tbps sugar (you can add more or take some if you want)
1/4 + 1tbsp milk
2tbsp vegetable oil (NOT olive oil! I used olive once and it was disgusting – don’t do it 😀 )
Hazelnut spread/Nutella (if you want. I like it normal, though)
And here are the instructions!
- Get a bowl, and mix together the flour, chocolate powder, sugar, baking powder and salt (if you’re using it).
- Mix in the milk and vegetable until there are no clumps or dry bits, making sure to get the powder from the edges of the bowl! It’s quite easy to make this one smooth so it shouldn’t take long at all.
- Find a big, microwave-safe, mug (the biggest one you have, to avoid overflowing and big messes)
- If you are using chocolate spread, put it into the middle now. Just drop it off the spoon, no need to swish or push it around.
- Put a paper towel/ kitchen roll into the microwave, so that if your cake overflows, it won’t trash your microwave
- Put the mug in, and microwave for around 70 seconds. If it isn’t ready straight away (still soft and gooey, which sometimes I like if it’s only a bit, it’s safe because there isn’t any egg) then put it in for another 10-20 seconds and check again.
- Be very careful because it will probably be quite hot!
- Make it again because you will want another 😀
And that, my friends is how to make heaven in a mug! I hope you try it out, and love it as much as I do! Let me know if you make it! ❤
Thank you SO much for reading! Make sure to like and follow if you like my blog and leave any thoughts or suggestions in the comments!
–Just Average Teen Me