HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
March 9th has rolled around once again, and I’ve officially been fifteen since 6:29am this morning.
Do I feel different, you might ask? Refreshed? Old? Suddenly enlightened with wisdom?
But I thought to commemorate the occasion, I would share a few of the things I have learned since being fired outta the womb. 🙂
1. Selective close friends is better than a bunch of distant friends
2. You’re beautiful, and nobody can ever take that away from you
3. Trusting people is great, but be careful who you share your secrets with
4. Don’t leave revision until the last few days when there’s so many exams (just recently learned that one)
5. Do something that scares you every now and then – you’ll be surprised where stepping out of your comfort zone gets you
6. Go outside. See the world. Even if it’s just a park a few minutes away from home. Our world is the only place we’ll have, so you might as well appreciate it
7. Do things because you enjoy them. Not because it’s what your friends have done, or because your parents say you should
8. Socialising is fun. You just need the right people
9. But alone time is just as important. We need space to breathe, and get in touch with ourselves
10 . WASH OFF YOUR MAKEUP EVERY DAY
11. Just take care of yourself in general. Drink water, get enough sleep, eat well and all that jazz
12. Ask people how they are, especially if they just asked you – manners are important!
13. Crush hard. When else will you get the chance?
14. Treat yourself every now and then. You deserve it!
15. Nobody will get through life without ever feeling lonely at some point. You’re not alone, and there’s always someone you can talk to ❤
And that’s some of the things I’ve learned in the decade and a half that I’ve been here! 😀